Monday, July 11, 2011

i hope she's okay.

Riding in a bus passing by, she sees a friend. who seems to also be with a friend. a boy. she wiped her breath from the window as the bus came to a halt. "malachi?..." she saw her embraced within the arms of a boy, but she saw her dear sister's eyes. you don't need to see tears to know pain, and as thier eyes met, she saw pain. she nearly gets up as the bus shifts back into gear, as Malachi's eyes read "save me" and the bus drives away as she watches from afar, her sister burrying her head back into the arms of the boy she loves, yet still knowing something isn't right. where is her mind?



---



i hopped down the stairs from the bus bubblingly, as if my feet were almost afraid to hit the ground. the air was crisp, like breathing in shards of ice. like something from a nightmare, but a bit more soothing. soothing, unlike my thoughts for the moment.

i'm so worried about her...

that boy...i don't know him so well. he reminds me of mine, in the way that he pains her. when i see them, they look so happy. they hold hands, they hug, they shop together at the mall,  they always hang out, and they seem fine. then later on, she calls me crying from her side of the apartment, in the middle of the night, begging to come over and sleep in with me because she's so afraid that he'll hurt her. it's like i'm her only barrier... he's like her evil spirit, like the kind that follow you, like a shadow, yet in front of you as a human; looking so nice and normal. it's confusing, but i do know how she feels. 

i unclipped the key from my neckless.
                           it made a tidy little snap.
                                           i unlocked the door, and i opened it.

i shuffled off my shoes and hung up my scarf and jacket. i set my guitar case next to the closet as i brushed myself off, i picked it up again and i sat down on my couch. that's all my livingroom is, is a couch. and a tv. it's next to the kitchen. i own 4 bowls, 4 cups, 4 spoons, 4 knives, 4 forks, 4 cups, 4 plates, 4 of each size of tupperware, a food processor, juicer and a pitcher. and that's all i need. they're all color coded. purple for me, teal for malachi, dark red for scott, and a blank white for a random guest that might not usually come. only two people really come here, the only two i need, so why buy excess?
i took myself upstairs with my case and opened it, and i had taken my bass today. i sat it next to my acoustic guitar, which was next to my electric guitar, which was next to my beloved easel, the easel i've had since i was four that made me love art. i'll never rid of it. a draft blew in and it frightened my cat, so i closed my window and she tucked herself in. she made herself at home in pillow i used to sleep with. she got stuck in a tree and fell onto my balcony and i let her come in her room and she just never left. she's the sweetest kitten. Chi's got one too, she calls it our baby. Unfortunately, her cat makes it's way through our air conditioning ducts and poops on my pillow every morning. i now have a pillowcase for every day of the week. she hasnt missed a day since she got here 3 weeks ago.

here she comes...
                         Malachi...

i saw her from the window. her feet tapped gently against the concrete, her walk sounds similar to mine. you can tell how she feels before she even walks in, because she walks in different paces and pressures depending on how she feels. from here, i can tell you she's in the best mood she can be in, you could say she was happy, but the glimmer in her eye says she's hurt. 
i watched her open the door to her apartment and walk in, then heard the door shut; gently. it was a soft clapse today. for the most part she's okay.
Mazu hopped on to my bed and looked straight at me with her bright blue eyes. they were like mood crystals. he's like the messenger, he tells me if i should go see Chi or not. she named him after us, part her name and part mine. My name is Azucena, it supposedly means lily in Arabic, although i'm not Arab...
Mazu coughed up some unknown creature onto my rug, which i just cleaned off her shit from. but it's okay, because i like the smell of carpet cleaner. He walked away proudly with his tail in the air, weezing and choking on something. i never know what to do with that cat.

i heard something hit the window and poked out my head. "Chena you wanna eat with me?"
"yeah sis, i'll be there in a second."
She smiled to me, "okay i'm already making stuff you bring things too, okay?" she stuck her head back in. i heard her run down her stairs and a muffled "shit i burned the god damn macaroni! fuck macaron you piece of shit stove ugh!" I shook my head and smiled to myself. 

Oh how i love my sister.

No comments:

Post a Comment